I must admit when I recently saw this spread in People Magazine I got a little anxious because I typically do not think of navy as a winter color…I always think of it as a spring and summer color paired up with white and red……
But then I began to brainstorm ways I could incorporate this color into my cold weather wardrobe without having to spend a dime. I mean we all have a few navy items already right…so let’s winterize the color I guess….
- Navy and Gold….metallic colors are super trendy right now and the gold pops against the dark, navy color.
2. Navy and Winter White….we all love black and white so why not wear navy and winter white… almost the same idea with a twist…
3. Navy coat….I mean we all own enough black coats right…
4. Navy blazers/sweaters….I mean we all own enough black blazers and sweaters too right…..lol
5. Navy on Navy….kind of like black on black…the monotone, dark color will be slimming on all.
6. Navy top and jeans…simple but it works…
7. Satin Tank Top…..navy at night looks….
I went through my own closet looking for navy items I already owned and I came up with two looks in navy…one for day and one for night.
For day we have a navy, long sleeve t-shirt from Old Navy with jeans, a scarf in contrasting shades of blue, and tan booties.
For night we have the same jeans paired with a lace tank in navy and gold heels.
My latest navy purchases come from Madison Ave. Melrose……I got sequin shorts….that I plan to dress up with gold heels and an ivory flowy blouse and blazer.
And I also got this j crew navy and white spring print blouse….perfect with jeans!!
If you need some more inspiration on how to pair navy with different colors for the winter I thought this palette would be helpful….even though it is for paint colors it works for clothes too 🙂
As always happy shopping!