So I have gotten numerous requests and questions since around Christmas time about trendy looks for kids! I begged my son and my best friend’s daughters to take a few pics for me……
***Graphic t-shirts and 90s retro vibes are definitely trending…..
***And I love greens in spring for kids near Easter time.
***Now let’s shift the focus to one of my favorite children’s clothing stores. I am obsessed with the Merry Lion boutique in Wakefield, Ma. They have clothing for boys, girls, and babies, as well as women.
“The Merry Lion, located in Wakefield, is a boutique and gift shop for the modern mom and kid! We specialize in items for children from newborn through 8 years, curating fun and different items for our customers.
Our inspiration came from our two little helpers, Blake (3yrs) and Jaxon (2yrs). We had so much fun finding unique items for them and wanted to share our finds with our community. Many of our products are purchased from other small, mom owned businesses! What makes our boutique really unique is our vast women’s section (we deserve something too!) You can find anything from candles and organizers to jewelry and clothing.”
They also have trendy items for every holiday possible.
And amazing t-shirts for both children and adults.
To find out more about the store or to hear about store events, customers can follow them on instagram and facebook. Can’t make it to the store? Shopping is available with them through their website and their social media outlets!
Instagram: @themerrylion_ Facebook: @themerrylionwakefield
I asked the owner to put together a list of spring trends for younger children as I had never done an article about that before and thought it would be cool to do for all my “mom” readers……so here it is folks!!!
• Sea creature prints are popping up in every brand of clothing. Jellyfish, octopus, and seahorses are making an appearance on everything from dresses to pants.
• Fruit is also coming up a lot especially in baby items! Peaches and cherries make sweet little prints for baby girl!
• Color tones vary vastly between brands. Some lines have chosen more muted colors while others have gone with the traditional New England red, white, and blue.
• For lines with muted colors, you can see they’ve chosen colors to mimic those
natural colors on a warm beach day.
• Red white and blue comes into play as a traditional nautical look. On those items,
you will see lots of anchors and boats!
• Matching! Tons of matching items for sisters or even brother and sister (which can be
difficult to find!)
• For girls, open back rompers are popping up in every line… both bubble rompers and
full length rompers.
• Summer accessories are always fun! Sunglasses, beach towels, mini tote bags,
trendy hats for boys, and of course Native’s Jefferson shoe is a total MUST have for all kids… and women 🙂
One of the nice aspects about this store is the fact that women can also shop for themselves as they shop for their children. Kinda like the “kill 2 birds with one stone” aspect. Their goal for their women’s section is to provide women with trendy yet casual and easy items. This summer they will be bringing clothing such as sundresses, maxi dresses, jumpsuits, and rompers. They’ll also have lots of fun and bright winter accessories, everything from a sunhat to beach totes. Last time I was in there, I picked up this super comfy, chunky sweater.
Definitely check them out!!!!!!! Not only is the shopping great….but the owner is pretty great too and super helpful!