Winter is the time of year that many of us think we need a lot of clothes….and yes….we definitely do for layering….but every year I make a decision about what I think will be my winter closet essentials. Here is my list for winter 2019!
- Black Opaque Tights… These are a must when you wear a skirt or a dress, and they are super flattering on everyone’s legs!!!!
2. Black Turtleneck… This is such a classic wardrobe staple that has been around for decades, and it looks amazing with casual and dressy outfits.
3. Leggings and a chunky sweater…This is one of my favorite looks in winter. It is practical and comfortable, and it is also easy to pack if you are headed away for a winter weekend.
4. Knee Socks….I love warm and big and fluffy socks in winter.
5. Scarves…I mean obviously because they are warm and add an instant accessory to any outfit.
6. Longer Coat….I don’t know about you, but I just love a longer coat in cold weather conditions because it protects your clothing from the elements.
7. Sweatsuit…..Matching sweatsuits that were trendy in the 80s and 90s are super trendy again. They are easy to put on and they look great with boots.
8. Leather skirt…the perfect material to wear in winter. A leather skirt is always classic…and all women look super hot in one. It can be worn to work or for a night out….very versatile….a closet must! Express has a ton of these on sale currently in all sizes, as does Forever 21 (if you prefer faux leather).
9. Over the knee boots….Because these go all the way up the length of the leg, they also add an extra layer of warmth to your body…and they also make you look super hot too….while keeping it classy….
I found my pair at Macys.
10. Flannel…..I do not think I even need to explain the rationale for this….
11. Over-sized long sleeve t-shirt for layering….I love these to wear over a tank top or under a vest or chunky sweater in the winter.
Let me know if you need help locating any winter essentials for your closets!!!
You must be logged in to post a comment.