I just had an amazing experience working with Jaime Sloan-McCarthy, owner of Dani Kaye, which is a “do not miss-you have to visit” boutique located in North Andover, Massachusetts. Jaime has over a decade of Luxury retail experience in New York City, where she has specialized in couture, fine jewelry, and personal styling.
Dani Kaye came to be because Jaime was unable to find places where she liked to shop that offered the personalized service and detail she had given to her clients over the years. The store is a curated, lifestyle store offering a little bit of everything from athleisure and designer denim… to dresses and accessories (think mini-Bloomingdales). Not only can you shop in store, but you can also shop their instagram so please make sure you follow them!!!
The name Dani Kaye means “God will judge the keeper of the keys.” This was an alias for Jaime while designing jewelry in NYC. She kept the name because this idea embodied the kinds of clients she had in NYC: independent, strong, and capable individuals who lived unapologetically and loved every minute of it!
The philosophy at Dani Kaye is to bring out the best “you.” Fashion should be fun and transformative while making sure that clients look and feel great. Dani Kaye wants to bring unique and quality pieces to their clients, while ensuring clients are also comfortable styling their outfits at home. The store contains all the latest trends…in fact…they make it a mission to bring them to their clients. Most importantly (and Jaime’s Golden Rule of Styling): We don’t believe in closet failure! In addition to avoiding the “closet failure”, you will leave there feeling upbeat and positive. One of the reasons is due to having a visit with Sanford…the shop corgi……I mean come on…how adorable is he……
Their specialty is personal styling……I will say that I took my mother along with me on this blogging adventure and she was amazed that every single item Jaime selected for me fit and flattered me perfectly and I loved it all! You must understand that this is not an easy feat because I am extremely petite and many outfits do not look quite right on me. However…Jaime hit the nail on the head each time! Yay!
I loved the mix of clothing items Jaime has…..everything from athletic wear to evening gowns to work wear to denim to casual to modern/trendy……yup…she has a little bit of everything!!! Here is a sample of some of the amazing looks Jaime put together for me.
- Work wear….I love this dress…..not only is it flattering with the ruched waist, but it is bright and trendy with the rainbow stripes. Since it is a Nicole Miller dress, it is made extremely well in regards to fit and material.
2. “A little more formal” dress…..I mean……do I really need to say anything about this dress…..it is long and black, which makes it appropriate for numerous occasions. However the plunging neckline and floral print add an edge to it….which I like.
3. “Night out” romper…..Now this is SO ME! Jaime informed me this was definitely my color palette (which I agree with by the way as a stylist)….I have green eyes and this romper really makes them pop. I would definitely wear this for a night out in the city. I also like how there are some browns/tans mixed in because I think this would make a great transition piece for fall with peep-toe ankle booties.
4. Day time “funky” casual mixed with a little country…..The country/western theme look is trending everywhere….I can not say that it is totally my look, but Jaime picked items that definitely worked for me…hence the jeweled necklace and the detail on the fitted denim skirt…in other words, she tailored a current trend to fit a style that works for me….which is amazing!
5. Camo!! If you read my blog frequently you know I am camo-obsessed!!!!!!! Can not get enough of it ever!!! Anyways, Jaime had so many amazing pieces with camo…from these athletic leggings…..
to these joggers that can be dressed up with heels for a night out….and I must say that they are so soft and comfortable…..more comfy than some of my pajamas actually….and yes….I took these home for sure!
6. Blouse/Denim combo…This outfit was just so incredible because it combined various, current trends into one look….For example, the print is polka dots (huge for fall). The blouse has bell sleeves and an asymmetrical, peek-a-boo shoulder. The black denim is flared and has a tuxedo stripe down the side (which is slimming) and a frayed hem…..loved it all to death!!!!
7. Reversible athletic wear… I mean two outfits in one that have amazing prints and are high waist, flattering, comfortable AND appropriate for almost any exercise…no brainer!!!!
The brand is called “Wear it to Heart.”
Here is one look…..
Here is the print reversed….
Totally awesome right!!
In addition to clothing, the store has a variety of home goods and accessories one can purchase, such as bracelets, candles or dining wear. The pieces are unique and would add elegance to anyone’s home.
Although Jaime’s main specialty is personal styling, some may say denim fitting is a strength as well. They love when customers “pick their brains”. They have a wealth of knowledge they are happy to share because they love showing their clients how to take special pieces and get the most of them while adding that “wow” to their wardrobe. Dani Kaye is all about bringing a fresh taste to some of your old favorites in your closets. Definitely check them out! I guarantee you will have an amazing shopping excursion!!!
You must be logged in to post a comment.