So during the summer and early fall months, there seems to be a ton of weddings to attend for many people. I have received multiple questions from women asking me for suggestions about what to wear to events like this because they are sick and tired of always wearing a black dress. Hence, I came up with the following list of suggestions that offer alternatives to a basic, black dress.
- Forals….Florals are in…still…in a big way….weddings are known to be “flowery” so it is sort of a “no brainer.” I also feel that floral dresses can be dressed down to look more casual for a daytime wedding, but also be dressed up with metallic accessories and heels for an evening wedding.
2. Metallics….Gold and silver are on everything lately because of the disco trend that has exploded over the past year. Gold and silver look great against “summer skin”, and are perfect for an elegant affair.
3. Green….Green is universally flattering on EVERYONE!!! Looks awesome on all skin tones and all hair colors. You can also wear a variety of shoe colors with this color dress such as leopard print, floral print, nude color, black, and metallics.
4. One Shoulder. The assymetrical style is chic and slimming. The eyes automatically focus upwards which takes the attention away from many areas that women are not comfortable with such as the abdomen, hips, and legs.
5. Maxi Dress….This style is great for a beach wedding or daytime wedding.
6. Black jumpsuit….If you are not a dress person, or you still want to wear all black….then a jumpsuit is the way to go. With a good tailor they look good on all heights and body shapes too.
7. Polka Dots…If you want to wear a print, other than florals, then polka dots are it…..loving this print in all colors, but especially in a black/white/red combo!
If you have an event coming up in the near future and want help finding the perfect outfit, please contact me 🙂