Have you seen the latest Pantone color trends for spring and summer 2018? Well, one of them is violet or lilac….not the easiest colors to wear to be honest.
I think most of us kind of think Easter when we see this color….Makeup artists always tell me to wear more lilacs because I have green eyes….but yet I don’t….however….because I like to be trendy…I will start! lol…..I recently racked my brain and come up with some easy ways to incorporate this color into your spring and summer wardrobe rotation.
- With White…this seems to be the easiest combo….everyone has white shirts, pants, skirts, etc in their closets, and the lilac/violet colors pop against the color white.
2. With Grey….Grey is still an extremely popular neutral shade. I also think that grey and lilac make a great pair during early spring when the weather can be tricky….it is a way to ease into the spring pastels.
3. With Yellow….BOLD combo!!!! This is not for the faint of heart…you want to stand out…then pair lilac or violet with a bright yellow color!!
4. With light blue….I have to be honest…I never would have thought to match these colors together myself…but they look gorgeous together when blended in a print pattern. I love this combo for summer!
5. With Mint Green….This combo is very “spring like”. I do like the contrast. I admit I do not “love” the mint green with the lilac, but I LOVE the bright violet against the mint green!
****** Some easy and SUBTLE ways to incorporate lilacs and violets into your closets are as follows:
The first purchase I made of a clothing item in this color scheme was a wrap top from Target believe it or not!! I am always cold and this will go perfect over a t-shirt or tank top…and it was only $16.99!!! Can’t go wrong!
As always, if you need any help locating something in this color, please contact me!