Around the holidays, houndstooth is a print I find myself reaching for year after year. Historically, houndstooth was a black and white checked print that was associated with menswear. However, over the years fashion trends have now included houndstooth prints in a variety of feminine styles and options. I think one of the reasons why I love to wear this print around the holidays is that the color red POPS against this pattern. Here are some modern, feminine…and even sexy ways to incorporate this traditional print into some holiday outfits.
2. Skirts ( my fave look is the skirt with the black tights and red booties)
4. Coat… I love a printed houndstooth coat all winter actually…It looks great with all color outfits and adds some detail to an “all black everything” outfit too.
5. Scarf…love a houndstooth scarf against a red sweater
Love how these houndstooth scarves below mix it up with a plaid print…perfect for Christmas!!
6. Sweaters….my fave look is paired with the red pants!
7. Capes or Wraps
8. Shoes….this is a great investment because you can wear these shoes fall through spring and they match EVERY color.
During this holiday season, I plan on wearing the following houndstooth items….
Pants from Express
And reversible scarf from Express….
As always…happy shopping!!! And please feel free to message me with any questions!
You must be logged in to post a comment.