After years of skinny jeans being the “go to” jean trend….they are currently taking a back seat to denim styles such as the flared leg, wide leg, and a frayed hem. Frayed hem jeans have suddenly become popular over the past two months. Frayed or “raw hem denim” look like someone tried to cut them instead of taking them to a tailor for proper hemming. The messy look is part of the charm. Frayed hem jeans come in a variety of styles so there is a pair for everyone. Here are some style tips on how to wear frayed hem jeans.
- Frayed edges look best with something very neutral or feminine….such as a nude, lace up heel or flat.
2. Pair them with a sexy, black stiletto sandal for an evening look.
For summer time, I love pairing them with a skinny, white stiletto.
3. When wearing frayed denim, keep your top a neutral color. Add a pop of color to your footwear to bring the eyes downwards so people notice your frayed hem.
4. Pair a simplistic frayed hem with retro sneakers for a casual look.
5. They look super cute paired with flats for running around in the day time.
I got my favorite pair of frayed hem jeans in Ann Taylor Loft for 40% off. They even come in petite sizes!! I paired mine with nude heels and a floral blouse.
If you are tall, you will find that this is an easy denim style to wear because even if the hem is short, the frayed material will often reach down long enough to satisfy you 🙂
So get a little “cray-cray”, be a little bo-ho for a day, and buy some frayed hem jeans.
You must be logged in to post a comment.