There are sooooo many “fall must haves” I could come up with…but…. if I had to narrow down my list, a chunky sweater would be on it….now what do I mean by a chunky sweater you may ask….. I mean a sweater that is slightly oversized……like a “little” big on you. I love wearing this style sweater during the fall months because it is so comfy and cozy, and it keeps you warm during the fall chill.
Ok….so here are my fave ways to style a chunky sweater currently…..
- With Skinny jeans…..yup……wearing a skinny or straight leg jean will balance out your shape when wearing a larger layer on the top half of your body.
2. With leggings…..this pair is definitely the most comfy…..and works pretty much anywhere…..add heels and wear to work or during the evening when you are out for dinner….or wear sneakers on a Saturday morning….
3. With denim shorts….I am loving denim shorts for fall…they offer a nice alternative to a skirt, but look amazing with sweaters and booties….just like regular length jeans…
I am rocking this look a lot lately myself….
4. With a pencil skirt….A pencil skirt is a slim fit….so just like a slim fit jean….a pencil skirt will help the body look balanced when wearing a larger sweater.
5. With flares/bootcut jeans…..Flares and bootcut jeans are the jeans to buy this fall….If you buy a pair that is slightly fitted in the thigh area, then you will still look balanced…even with the flared bottom.
6. As a Dress…. If you are on the petite side (like I am) or find a really long sweater…..then wear a chunky sweater as a dress with high boots or tights….it looks really cute actually!
The good news is that these sweaters are literally everywhere!! Head to your favorite store or shop around online, and I guarantee that you will find one in a color that you absolutely love at a great price!!!!