Ok it is “hot time summer in the city”……which is awesome….BUT…..I find it almost easier to look chic in extreme cold temperatures (think fur and boots) than I do when it is 90 degrees outside and humid…..However, I do have some “go to” outfits when the heat is on that allow you to not look like a dog in heat AND allow you to maintain your style.
- Rompers…. They are flowy…short…..airy…..one item to put on…..and super on trend!
I just bought a gorgeous summer romper from LIT Boutique in Boston.
2. Mini dress…summer classic……I prefer fit and flare and flowy….it is more universally flattering…
I just got a mini-dress from LIT Boutique.
I also got a cute one from Target…
3. All white everything….monochromatic is slimming….yes even in white….and white is the coolest color you can possible wear in extreme heat…..
4. Paper-bag waist shorts…. we all know shorts make sense in the summer heat, but THE short style to wear is the paper-bag waist. This is universally flattering on everyone as well because the scrunch of the material hits at the slimmest part of the waist.
I love mine from Express!!!
5. Maxi-dress….this offers more coverage and is more comfortable than a mini-dress and a romper. It is also office appropriate.
I recently found one in Macys.
6. Jean shorts and loose white t-shirt….. all women love jeans…and jeans are practical….but jeans are HOT…..and sticky….. jean shorts however…are perfect….and they look cute with a t-shirt and sneakers, as well as with wedge heels for a dressier look.
7. Two- piece outfits…Two piece outfits with pants and skirts are EVERYWHERE……They are trendy and they look amazing for a night out AND they are cool.
My two piece crop top and skirt comes from LIT Boutique.
8. T-shirt dress…..I love these…especially ones with stripes…..and they are great to pack for a vacation to wear alone or over a bathing suit.
I love my striped t-shirt dress from H and M.
***If you need any help locating any of the items in this article please reach out to me!!!!!
You must be logged in to post a comment.