Last Christmas, sequins were everywhere….and you were not tacky if you wore them…in fact you were stylin….I am a girl who loves sparkle and shine so I was thrilled that this trend continues to stick around for Summer 2018. Now, a lot of women think to themselves….oh my goodness how the hell am I going to wear sequins (especially if you are over age 30), but I am going to show you how…….
- Just a touch on a tank or t-shirt…. A small amount is not overwhelming for any shape or size and can be worn day or night.
I have a shirt like this that I actually wear it to work!!!! Puts some pep in my day!! LOL
2. Off the shoulder top….Both the off the shoulder trend and sequins are part of the retro revival so just combine the two!!! I like to wear this style top with cuffed jeans and heels out at night….especially a sequin top in a metallic color.
My best friend recently rocked this look and looked gorg!!!
3. Sequin t-shirt or tank top….Again, great for a warm night out with jeans or white pants and heels.
4. Sequin blazer….This can be a lot to wear for some people….but it is trending so I thought I would include it in the article…..and I actually love it for a night out!!!!!
5. Sequin Pants…….Joggers, wide leg, and skinny styles are all being decorated with sequins lately!!!
My favorite sequin pants currently are black joggers…..
6. Sequin shorts… This may be my FAVE way to wear the sequin trend in warmer weather…..loose fitting sequin shorts look amazing with flowy tanks and heels. They are also awesome to pack for a vacation because the material never wrinkles!!!
I bought a navy blue pair recently!!
7. Sequin skirt….perfect for a special occassion or heading out for cocktails in the city!!!! I am loving a mix of black or white paired with metallic sequins for a skirt.
8. Beach cover-ups…..yup sequins are even in swimwear….
9. Sneakers…..Sequins are showing up on white and grey colored sneakers in many brands……I actually think the sequin, Converse sneakers would be adorable with jeans and a white t-shirt, regardless of age or body type.
Well ladies….the final message here is to find the level of sparkle you feel comfortable adding to your current wardrobe and go for it!!! If you need assistance, please feel free to contact me!