Flared jeans made a comeback last spring…..and they are still everywhere!!!! I guess I still do not understand why so many women shy away from these…I mean I know I am a disci diva and all…… BUT……They are UNIVERSALLY FLATTERING!!!!!! ON ALL!!! Skinny jeans are so much harder to find a perfect fit…especially if you are petite or plus size. I know many petite size women avoid flares because they can often be too long. However, find a good tailor and have them sew the original hem back on and they will never look hemmed at all!! I do it all the time!! Ok……so here are my favorite ways to wear flared jeans….
- With a loose tank…. This is totally a Boho look…casual enough for day, yet dressy enough for the evening too… and anything Boho scream “summer.”
*If you feel like a loose top is too overwhelming for your frame with flared jeans, then buy a fitted tank top and tuck it in.
2. With an off-the-shoulder top….Two retro trends that pair amazingly well together. Also, the bare shoulder on the top balance out the flared material on the bottom.
Here is me in and off the shoulder top from Madison Ave. Melrose and a pair of ornate flares from Aine’s Boutique.
3. Denim on Denim…..another retro comeback….not quite sure how I feel about this trend yet, but if I were to wear a denim shirt with jeans, I do think it looks the best with a flared pair.
4. Classic Blouse…..This look can be worn for a “casual Friday” at work, or with heels for a night out. I like to tuck in the front of the blouse for a modern look.
5. With sneakers running errands…..when I find a pair of flared jeans I love, I buy two pairs and actually hem one pair for sneakers and one pair for heels.
*My favorite way to wear flared jeans currently is on a cooler night with chunky, platform boots or peep toe heels and a light-weight leather jacket.
As you can see, this trend looks amazing on plus size women too!
If you do not already own a pair of flares, then you are missing out on “the it” jean for summer! The good news is that you can pretty much find them anywhere!!! If you need assistance finding the perfect pair of flared jeans, please contact me!