The one shoulder, off-the-shoulder, and the asymmetrical shoulder looks are all back in a HUGE way. This is exciting to me because I remember sporting this look back in my clubbing days in the early 2000s!!! In this picture, both my bestie and I both have on one shoulder tops when we were living the dream in South Beach!! lol
Anyhow, showing a little shoulder is a sensual and sexy look that shows “just enough” skin and is not too provocative. This cut usually runs right along the collarbone and cuts across the figure horizontally. It is a universally flattering design, especially if you are pear-shaped or plus size, because the eyes are drawn upwards to look at the peek of skin showing.
Here are my favorite ways to rock this look!!!
- In a classic style blouse for Spring….this is the perfect way to depict one of my favorite expressions…..”a little class….a little sass”
*I love blouses like this paired with jeans…perfect day-to-night look with just a change of shoes and accessories.
2. With a fitted skirt…..the fact that the eyes are drawn upwards allows you to wear a tighter skirt on the bottom and still look “balanced.”
3. With shorts on hot days…..
4. As a crop top….again…the eyes automatically look to the neckline in these tops so if you have wanted to rock a crock top, but are sort of unsure about it….do it with this style top!
5. As a dress…super chic…super trendy….super classy…super sexy…in love with ALL of the dresses shown below!
6. As a jumpsuit….totally goes with the retro vibe that is out in the fashion world currently. Sometimes, pear-shaped women can struggle with finding a flattering jumpsuit, but wearing one shoulder always makes your bottom half appear smaller.
7. As a romper…same idea as a jumpsuit, but better for warmer days!
8. As a bathing suit… This look will be everywhere this summer in swim wear. Everyone’s eyes will be glued to the top of the bathing suit, which is comforting to many women. The style is also flattering on both small and larger chested women.
*For a night out, I love pairing up a black one shoulder top, with a black bottom. This will definitely be one of my new “go to” looks.
*They also make this style in a longer, flowy cut if you prefer a tad more coverage.
*Check out Express online!!!! They have numerous one shoulder, off-the-shoulder, and asymmetric shirts. I actually bought mine there! I used a coupon code and paid around $30 for this black one…..
and the same for this blue one….
If you would like assistance with purchasing this style top, please message me and I will help you find the perfect one!!!
You must be logged in to post a comment.