Believe it or not, I have gotten a ton of requests asking me how to layer for cold weather, what is my favorite way to layer, and what items do I tend layer with the most frequently. Due to all these questions on insta….I figured…why not just write an article about it……I mean right!!
The main key to layerinsg is to not go super bulky and thick…or you will look thicker than you really are. It is better to choose multiple, thin layers of clothing instead. Here are my fave ways to layer for late Fall and Winter weather.
- Long sleeve t-shirts and vests:
You can pick a down vest for a casual look, or choose a faux fur vest if you want to look more dressed up.
I am also loving long sleeve, t-shirt dresses with vests too.
2. Long cardigans:
3. Sweaters over blouses: I love this look for work actually.
4. Flannels: Flannels over t-shirts and tanks are easy and comfy.
5. Denim Vests: The denim vest is part of the 90’s revival that is currently happening…and it just so happens to be a perfect layering piece too!
6. Blanket scarves: Who doesn’t love a good blanket scarf. They keep you warm, feel cozy, and add a pop of color or prints to your outfit…hence a weather practical accessory…LOL
I tend to layer most in vests, flannels, and scarves lately.
Happy layering and stay warm!!!